The mAadhaar app is an initiative by the Indian government and the UIDAI. It is an alternative to the hard copy of the Aadhar card and provides a digital format for keeping the Aadhar card data. It brings the Aadhaar services and the Aadhaar data to your fingertips and gives you the flexibility of the digital world in terms of sharing. Let’s get to know this mAadhaar app in detail and understand the intricacies of using it.
mAadhaar- The Application
The application, as mentioned, was a joint initiative with the Indian government and UIDAI. UIDAI launched the app with the sole purpose of helping the user to store demographic details like address, name, gender, date of birth etc. The app is compatible with the iOS and Android platforms and can hold three profiles on its interface. The essential requirement is that all three profiles must have the common mobile number in the Aadhaar database. In addition, the user needs a password to open the app and display the Aadhar card profiles.
Procedure To Download The Maadhar Mobile Application
To use the mAadhaar app, you must first check and download the required mobile configurations. The app requires Android 5.0 or above to run, and you must follow the following steps to download the application on your Android or iOS setup-
- Go to your Apple App Store or Google Play Store.
- Enter the Aadhaar mobile application in the search bar.
- Click on the install button.
- Give the necessary permissions.
- Open the app and choose your preferred language.
- Fill in the mobile number in your Aadhar card database.
- Enter the OTP obtained for verification purposes.
- Set the desired password.
- Your Aadhaar app is ready to use.
Linking The Aadhaar Card To The App
You need to create another profile before using the mAadhaar app. The steps below will help you link your Aadhaar with your mobile application.
- Open the app by inputting the necessary password.
- Select the register my Aadhaar option.
- Create and confirm a 4-digit security pin.
- Fill in your Aadhaar card number.
- Enter the captcha code.
- Press the request OTP button.
- Enter the received OTP for verification purposes.
- Your mAadhaar profile will now contain your Aadhaar card.
The above process holds true for both Android and iOS users.
What Is The Benefit Of The mAadhaar App?
The app allows the user to access dear Aadhaar data even when they do not have their physical copy. Moreover, it makes the sharing of the basic Aadhaar data easy using digital methods. Few other benefits of the app include:
- It brings all the Aadhaar based services on a mobile platform which is in tandem with the Indian government’s initiative of digital India.
- It provides an alternative to carrying a physical hard copy (Aadhaar card) every place. The app holds a value equal to the physical copy.
- Data sharing for KYC and other purposes becomes accessible in a digital format. This data sharing is via bar codes, QR codes, email etc.
- The users can use this app to hide their biometric details if need be.
- You can switch to using a time-based OTP in case of network issues while using the mAadhaar app.
The app brings the best of both the platforms – the Aadhaar platform and the digital platform. On the one hand, mAadhaar holds the same efficacy as the Aadhaar card and makes data sharing and carrying all the more simple and hassle-free. Furthermore, you can have the Aadhar card details of 3 people in your family, which gives the app versatility and increases its usability.