Every employee who contributes to the Employees Provident Fund receives a 12-digit Universal Account Number (UAN). The Employee Provident Fund Organization (EPFO) is the organization responsible for generating and assigning the UAN. UAN is authenticated by the Ministry of Labour and Employment as the Government of India directs. You can do a UAN login to the EPF Employer Portal using the Establishment ID (first seven digits of your EPF account number) and password.
Let us more about the UAN login, activation and the benefits you can avail through this number.
How To Perform UAN Activation?
For UAN activation, the following steps need to be followed:
- Open the EPFO website and select “For Employees” option from the “Services” menu on the dashboard.
- In the “services” section, select “Member UAN/Online services.” You’ll arrive at the UAN portal.
- Under important links, click “Activate UAN.”
- Your UAN, member ID, PAN, or Aadhaar number, along with your name, DOB, mobile number, email address (if available), and the captcha characters, must be entered correctly. Thereafter, you should click the “Get authorization PIN” button to receive the PIN on your mobile number.
The process of UAN activation is completed. Further, you can use your UAN to set your password, which you can do for UAN login in the future.
UAN Login- The Process
- For your UAN login, you need your UAN number and password.
- Open the EPF Employer Portal.
- On the right side, you will see the login section.
- Enter your universal account number and password. Complete the verification by entering the captcha.
- Your process of UAN login is complete now.
Advantages Of UAN
There are numerous advantages of UAN. Some of them are listed below:
- By doing a UAN login, you can transfer or withdraw your PF funds anytime.
- Using the simple and accessible online UAN member portal, your employer and you can keep track of the PF account and its balance.
- Using the UAN portal, your employer can quickly approve your PF withdrawal requests or submit PF into your account.
- Your KYC and PF information is collected by UAN and is easily accessible online. Thus, your UAN acts as your identification number. Employees can use the UAN to complete their KYC.
- Employees can monitor their monthly deposits by simply doing a UAN login. The employee must nonetheless be listed with the EPFO.
- By doing a UAN login and editing details, the employee can fill out the marks for candidacy in the event of death or retirement. You may submit an advance request in the event of a financial emergency.
Services Offered By UAN- The Benefits
UAN is significant because of the many services that it offers. There are multiple services under four segments after you do a UAN login– View, Manage, Account, and Online.
- View section: In this section, you can verify your profile, including the personal data EPFO has on file. Additionally, you can edit some specifics. You can also view the chronological listing of your service history with each employer to date. You can use this section of UAN services to download and view your ‘UAN Card.’
- Manage section: This section allows you to edit basic and contact information along with your mobile number and email-id. It is also helpful when you want to upload your KYC documents. You can also change the nominee details in this section.
- Account section: This section can be used to change your password for doing a UAN login.
- Online section: You can use this section to access various EPFO offerings like ‘Claim,’ ‘Track Claim,’ etc.
How can I find my UAN?
The simplest method for locating UAN is to look through payslips from prior employment. The alternative is to inquire with the human resources division of your former employer, who keeps a record of your UAN information.
There is a separate section on the portal for customer care services. It deals with the customers’ different problems and helps them make the processes of UAN login and UAN activation easier.
The login process and services offered by the UAN portal to simplify PF transactions have been thoroughly covered. The numerous benefits and advantages it provides greatly ease the earlier complex processes.