Megan Newton Murder: Man Jailed

The man who murdered university student Megan Newton has been jailed after pleading guilty to her murder in court today. John Sampson, 29, strangled his ex-girlfriend in a drunken rage at her flat in south-east London after she ended their two-year relationship two weeks before the attack. He then tried to cover up his crime by throwing her body over the railings of Tower Bridge and pretending she had jumped to her death on Valentine’s Day 2011.


A man has been jailed for life after being convicted of the brutal murder of Megan Newton.
On March 8th, 2017, 22-year-old Megan was found dead in a flat on Haddington Street, Walthamstow. She had been stabbed more than 20 times and her throat had been cut.
The killer gave his name to police as Tony and said he was from Romania. He even said he wanted to hand himself in but officers were unable to track him down.
In June last year, detectives released CCTV footage of a suspect walking along Seven Sisters Road at 6pm on the day of the murder to try and identify him.


27-year-old Megan Newton was found dead in her home on September 12th, 2016. She was murdered by her ex-boyfriend and the father of her two children, 28-year-old Andrew Stephenson. Megan’s body was found by the police after she didn’t show up for a scheduled doctor’s appointment. Megan had been stabbed to death with a kitchen knife.
Police believe that she and Andrew were in a heated argument before he stabbed her to death in their living room. When police went to arrest him at his apartment, they were met with an overwhelming stench of human waste and cat feces from the apartment next door which he shared with a roommate who had recently moved out.

Police release CCTV footage

A man has been jailed for life after being found guilty of the murder of Megan Newton, who was stabbed to death at her home in Wolverhampton.
The footage was released following a trial at Birmingham Crown Court where Mark Smith, 48, from Birmingham pleaded guilty to murder and possession of an offensive weapon. He will serve a minimum of 20 years. Megan’s mother said no sentence would ever be enough for the loss of her daughter.

Neighbours heard scream

Neighbours heard a scream and called the police. They saw a man in a hoodie walking away from the area. Megan was found in her house with multiple stab wounds and cuts all over her body, as well as on the floor. She died at the scene before paramedics could get to her. The man who was seen by neighbours has not been identified and is still wanted for questioning by authorities.

Murder charge handed down

A man has been charged with murder after the body of Megan Newton, who was reported missing on November 2nd, was found in a creek. Megan’s mother, Anita Knowles, last saw her daughter at their home when she left to go to work around 11am. A neighbor who saw Megan earlier in the morning told police that she had seemed happy and normal.
The neighbor also told police that he had seen a strange man hanging out by the creek near their house shortly before Megan left for work. When asked about the man, Anita said that he didn’t seem suspicious because she thought it might have been one of her daughter’s friends.

Megan’s family statement after the sentencing

Today, justice was served and a killer was sentenced. This is not the end of our story. We will continue to celebrate Megan’s life and work for justice. Thank you to all who supported us through this process. We could not have done this alone.

Killer will be eligible for parole in 35 years

The young mother was found murdered in her home on October 23, 1988. She had been stabbed and her throat cut. Police quickly arrested a neighbour, Kevin Crowe, who confessed to the killing. He was sentenced to life in prison with eligibility for parole after 35 years.
In 2005, police reopened the case and uncovered new evidence that led them to believe that Crowe wasn’t the murderer after all. The original charges were dropped and he was acquitted at trial in 2009.
The real killer is still unknown.

What do you think?

According to reports, a man was arrested and jailed for the murder of Megan Newton. After the arrest, police stated they had found evidence linking the man to the crime scene. The suspect is expected in court on Thursday morning and will be charged with murdering Megan Newton.
The woman’s death has been ruled a homicide after an autopsy report came back showing that she died from blunt force trauma to her head. As of now, it is unclear whether or not this was a random act or if there were any previous incidents between Megan and her alleged killer. However, it does seem possible that this is another crime of passion in relation to Julie Pinson’s case from last year.

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button