A visitor visa is stuck to your passport and serves as a temporary resident visa – this official document proves that you fulfill all the requirements to enter Canada. A visitor’s visa is a must if you want to travel to Canada. So, in this article, we will discuss facts and tips for Canada tourist visas.
Tips to get a Canada Visitor Visa
Obtaining a Canada visitor visa is not the most difficult. For adult travelers, having a valid passport is a must, and for children, having an unabridged birth certificate is a must. Furthermore, in the passport, there must be an open page for immigration and a stamp while crossing borders or at the airport controlling points.
Many countries do not require you to apply for a canada tourist visa. However, you need an electronic travel authorization and a biometric screening in the nearest embassy.
The general requirements of the Canada tourist visa are as follows:
- A valid travel document
- Medically fit
- Free from any criminal record or any convictions related to immigration
- Enough finances to suffice your stay in Canada
- Evidence that implies that you will return to your home country
- You are generally admissible in Canada based on all the above criteria
Things to know about Visitor Visas during Covid-19
- Vaccinated at every stage
- Received the last dose 14 days before the visit to Canada
- Uploaded all your vaccination certificates
- If you’re five years or older, you need to get done all the tests even if you’re fully vaccinated
- After selection, you must appear for a randomized arrival test
The Border Checklist during Covid-19
The Government officials at the border will be assessing certain documents. These are
- Your vaccination certificate
- All the Covid test results
- Other necessary travel documents
Documents children must possess while traveling to Canada
- Their passport
- A copy of their birth certificate
- Authorization letter signed by the parents; this includes that they are not accompanying the child and their contact details.
Facts about Canada visitor Visa
- In August 2020, the new COVID-’19 policy by the IRCC allowed currently working visitors in Canada to have a valid job offer and employer-specific permit to start working without a work permit in Canada.
- People who have completed their only vaccinated travel exemption can enter Canada.
- Previously, you needed to give your biometrics when applying for a visitor visa. After Covid-19, it’s not required if you’re applying for temporary residence or submitted your biometrics previously.
- The period to process the visa varies from country to country. An Indian might have to wait four months for the visa to be processed.
- Generally, all applicants are considered for multiple entry visas, but sometimes this decision also lies at the discretion of the Visa Officer. Similarly, the time for getting a work permit canada also varies.
Canada has a lot of fascinating tourist spots and is a dream destination for all the travelers out there. Be it the breathtaking Niagara Falls, the Northern lights, the Aurora Borealis, or the Bay of Fundy and many other dream destinations, travelers from all corners of the world want to visit Canada. In this scenario, having a Canada tourist visa and knowing all the related information becomes necessary. So, know these tips and facts and apply for your visa today!